A. J. Drexel Nanomaterials Institute
Find us on official website and Facebook page
The 2019 competition winners have been announced!!
Frequently Asked Questions
This online competition is open to all students and researchers, domestic and international, working in STEM-related fields that create artistic scientific images
- Images can be black and white or colored (both digitally and naturally)
- Images can be from microscopy, spectroscopy, computational simulation, figures and schematics, paintings, a combination of any methods, etc.
- No more than three entries per individual or team
- Submissions should consist of images and corresponding signed image release and description forms
- Images should be submitted at as high of a resolution as possible. 16:9 aspect ratio is strongly recommended.
- For the People’s Choice award, the public are required to like both the image and facebook page for the vote to count.
- Facebook likes for the People’s Choice award will be checked for authenticity by the judging committee.
Deadline: Submissions are currently closed. The 2019 competition will open in early September with the deadline in early October.
People’s Choice Selection: Top finalists will be posted on the NanoArtography Facebook page for public voting from mid-October to mid-November.
Winners announcement: mid-November.
The winners will be awarded cash prizes in U.S. dollars. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place awards and one People’s Choice award:
1st Place: $700
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $100
People’s Choice: $500
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place will be awarded based on Judges’ choice.
People’s Choice will be selected as the image with the highest number of Likes on the competition Facebook page.
The NanoArtography committee reserves the right to make the final decision for the People’s Choice Award.
Competition winners will be featured on the annual DNI calendar, DNI webpage, and authors contacted for a short synopsis of their work to be featured on the webpage.
If you are ready to submit, please follow the steps provided:
- NanoArtography Image Permission Policy Agreement (.DOC)
- Fill in the submission information, such as your name, title of your artwork, and the description of your artwork (200 words or less).
- Please email your Policy Agreement and NanoArtography Artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
- Maximum size of the file: 15MB.
- Files extensions accepted: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, tif, tiff, pdf, doc, docx.
- Remember to attach the files!
- Make sure you have received a confirmation email.
- Babak Anasori
- Across International
- Drexel Office of Research
- Drexel College of Engineering
- Drexel Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Drexel Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering